4. Focus, Focus, Focus
If you want to be mentally tough, you need to learn how to focus your mental and physical energy.
Olympic athletes are excellent examples of how to channel talent into success. They do not rely on luck to take home the gold medal. World-class experts practice with laser focus and a specific goal in mind. But, it’s not just repeating the same task over and over–effective practice requires the following features:
- Break down each task into individual parts
- Spend extra time on actions you find especially difficult
- Get feedback, and adjust accordingly
- Put your ego on the back burner
- Keep your goals in front of you
By focusing on practice, your willpower, persistence, and training will lead to personal mastery.